Sunday, June 28, 2009

Catching up

I had misplaced my camera's battery charger so I haven't been able to take pictures thus not being able to blog about it. So I will just give updates on my life thus far:

- Completed my first triathlon. I did better than I thought I would but there is PLENTY of room to improve. Next one is on Labor Day.

-Went to visit the family in Phoenix for my baby brother's HS graduation. How can he be this grown up already? I still think he's 10. I was a proud older sister.

- Went to Chicago for the first time. Great place, food, buildings, etc. but I can never live there. It's just too crowded and dirty. I liked it a lot though. I did get to see Obama's house, eat a hot dog off the street, eat a real Chicago deep dish pizza, ran on Lake Shore Park (which is so pretty cause you're along side the lake with the heart of the city as your background), and a bunch of other cool things with my good friend Kelly Kitchen.

-Ran a full and half marathon relay (did better than I thought on one but worse on another)

-Slept at the airport b/c I missed my flight

-Camped at Canyon Lake which has restore my faith that outside of California, you can still find cool bodies of water.

-Floated the river a few times

I am going to enjoy this summer the best I can. I want the rest of my 20's to be amazing. I don't have much to complain but as I get older I also realize how precious this time in my life is and I can never get it back once it's over. I wouldn't go back to being younger for anything and am going to really just enjoy life.

-

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Good for you Linda Yang! I am so impressed with your goals and accomplishments... it's like all of a sudden you woke up and decided to conquer the world! :)

I want to run a race with you still... I'll look into Labor Day...

Brittany said...

Sounds like you've been doing tons of fun stuff and summer still has 2 more months and you have a lot more life to live! I am jealous of your Chicago food and that you got to go with K.K.!