Monday, February 16, 2009

Can You Pass the Facebook Challenge?

I found this on my good friend Bex's page and I'm ashamed to admit that I'm NOT ashamed to be Facebook obsessed. I'm not as bad as I used to be but it passes the time. I really like outlets like Facebook and Myspace simply because I love to know what's going on with people without having to talk to them. Honestly I'm really not social as much as I am nosy. I like Facebook because it allows me to channel my curiousity without the hassel of small talk. Let's see how you fare:

10 warning signs that you may be addicted to Facebook
1. Facebook is your home page.
(I've thought about it but have settled on GOOGLE because I can do a lot more "curious" researching)
2. You update your status more than twice a day.
(It keeps you on the news feed rotation)
3. You have over 500 "friends" half of whom you've never actually met.
(My rule is that I have to have met them once.... or b/c I'm the Institute liason.Current friends: 489)
4. As soon as you step away from your computer you're on FB on your phone.
(Carlo and Woody have banned me from their IPhone)
5. You are a FB stalker. You qualify as a FB stalker if you
(My mott:Don't put your biz-naaz out there if you don't want people to access it)
a) click on someones profile more than once a day even if they haven't messaged or tagged you in a photo.
b) have dragged and dropped more than 3 FB photos (not from your own profile)
c) actually go to a place mentioned on someone's page in hopes of seeing them in real life...creepy!
(I've never done this BUT I do check if people clicked "attending" on events to decide if I want to go or not)
6. You change your profile picture more than a 12-year=old girl.
(I love pictures of myself. What can I say?)
7. You have checked your FB page while reading this article.
(It's always pulled up just in case)
8. You clean up your "wall" so it looks like you spend less time on FB.
(ehhh I don't care)
9. You are a member of more than 10 groups and respond to every event invitation "attending" even if you have no intention of going.
(Actually I believe clicking "attending" is a form of commitment so I rarely do it. I hate when people do it and don't show up)
10. You change your relationship status just to mess with people.
(OK once as a joke but I didn't realize how seriously people took it. The few other times were changed by friends who hacked my account as a joke. I had to send out a few weird apologies to guys so they wouldn't think I was a weirdo. Thanks Woody and Sara.)
And in case Chrissy is reading this, yes I am doing this at 4 AM. You always notice my time blogs.I need help.

2 comments:

Rebex said...

You crack me up. I thought of you when I posted this article. Ha ha! I related more to what the actual article stated, but here's how I fare in this list of 10 warning signs:

1 - Yes, it's my homepage
2 - Rarely
3 - Nope (I have less than 500, and all are at least acquaintances)
4 - Never
5 - Have done "A" on occassion (LOL)
6-10 - Nope (though I *do* have more than 10 groups - dang!)

Chrissy said...

Surprisingly, I only qualified for 2. The stalker one and the more than 10 groups.