Saturday, February 21, 2009

Rekindled Love

Thanks Chrissy for reminding me how good America's Best Dance Crew is. I respect and admire all these amazing crews who are so creative and dedicated to expressing themselves through dance. I love how diverse they are and believe in staying true to themselves. These are my favorites in order:

Beat Freaks are my absolute FAV!!They should totally win. They are an all girl group who can throw DOWN on breaking. It's hard enough to do so when a group of girls can show that kind of athleticism is very empowering. It's also cool that they don't have to dance "sexy" to own it.I've loved everything they've done. Notice at the end when the girl spins that she puts on her shades. How cool is that?


Jabbawockeez had great theatrics. From the masks to their stunts to their moves, they always play up the audience. They deserved their win.

Episode 5 - JabbaWockeez in America's Best Dance Crew - Watch more funny videos here


Kabba Modern has the best technical hand movements. This is probably my favorite one b/c it equally showcases the guy/girl dynamic.


Fanny Pack was so unique with their 80's flare but they had such good choreography. I like how creative they are. This is just a clip of their greatness.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

those are ALL my fav's too! I haven't thought about what rank I'd put them in, but Beat Freaks are def up there. And this last week was so great. I was waiting to talk to you about it, but I'm glad you were able to witness on your own ;)