Monday, February 2, 2009

A Very UnLinda Post



I'm not much of a sports fan but I do like to keep up with what's going on. With Super Bowl XLIII(43) I was kinda excited because the Arizona Cardinals were actually playing. It's not because I lived in Arizona for a year and a half. Honestly, I didn't much care for them when I was there except that I learned a lot about them. I just really like that they are probably the ultimate underdog. No one was betting on them to even make the playoffs. Their quarterback, Kurt Warner, is pretty old by sport players definition but he came on this year and took them all the way. It's even cooler cause Matt Leinart, who came to quarterback the Cards 2 years ago as like the best pick, Heisman trophy winner, golden boy who was supposed to do it but sure didn't. Maybe he should have practiced more instead of knocking up chicks and partying with Britney Spears. I like him, I even feel bad for him but dude, he didn't do his job. I think they won 2 games that season. Their head coach left (or got fired cause they had such high hopes). I think they also got a few other really good first draft players and they still sucked.


Then this year, they changed a few things and bam, they are in their first Super Bowl ever. I think they have only ever played in one playoff like in the 60's.Fitzgerald (running back?) and Warner make such a great team. Not as good as Montana and Rice or Young and Rice but hey only time will tell. Anyways, I just really like the story of achievement and that anything can happen. A never Super Bowl team going against the Steelers who are up to become the reining Super Bowl Champs. It's like David and Goliath, except in this one Goliath won. So many people were against the Cards. They really played an outstanding game. Even though they lost, I think they garnered respect as a team that really gave the Steelers a run. I do have to give it to the Steelers though cause they played a great game. James Harrison made like this crazy 100 yard dash to score a touchdown then he needed an oxygen mask cause he's a defensive player who isn't a runner. It was crazy and all within about 18 secs to half time. Crazy. Fitzgerald's' face for the Cards last touchdown was priceless and they almost tasted victory taking a 3 point lead. It was an amazing feeling until Steelers made another really cool touchdown that almost wasn't. The replay was insane based on whether or not his foot was inside the line before it touched the ground.



Anyways, it was a great game. It had 2 great stories and lots of suspense throughout. They played everything down to the seconds and had many highlights. Honestly though I couldn't take the ups and downs of sports. There is a reason besides boredom that keeps me aways. I was so ancient and the thought of the team your rooting for losing really sucks. This is probably the most sports like I will be unless the 49ers ever make it to the Super Bowl again. They can't let the Steelers have the most wins. Maybe their new coach is what was needed to turn the team back to the team they should be. I'll be into the NBA if the Suns or Kings ever make it to the championship. I love the Kings but I think it's a long shot. At least the Suns have a chance at the playoffs. I can't even get started on Steve Nash.

Anyways here are some highlights and next year Cardinals. It'll be your turn for that ring.



5 comments:

BPedraza said...

A sports related post by Linda, you gotta love that.

katieg said...

Nice re-cap of the exciting plays-o-the-day. I am very proud of your knowledge of the players and what they did. Two thumbs up for that review =0)

Zach O. said...

solid post.i am so happy for you.

Zach O. said...

oh yea...the niners will be back some day. you gotta believe.

Rebex said...

Are you sure Zach didn't sneak onto your computer and write this??? Ha ha!