Saturday, March 1, 2008

Project Runway

I had a fashion show last night and it was awesome. I've been interning with a local designer for the past month and it's been an experience. At times it was a little stressful and other times it was very chill. I didn't really know what to expect. On the day of, we were just putting last minuet details on the clothing and I thought it was just going to be very homey. When I pulled up to the venue, it was this huge incredible house that seemed more like an art gallery. There was an open bar (always classy even if you don't drink) catering, and artsy dressed up people. Totally not my scene at all but it was great to be a part of it. I got to watch the models get ready and help. I had no clue what I was doing. I've been a part of a large fashion show before but on this one I got to be more hands on. I do enjoy to he madhouse during a show when the models have to change clothes and you have to rush and there are clothes everywhere, naked bodies (but no one cares cause we're all too busy), and yelling and screaming. It's always do or die and you just have to roll with it. It's quite a rush. This aspect of fashion is not at all what I want to do but it is so much fun to be a part of and experience. I was glad my friend K was able to make it. It was a huge step for me in allowing someone I know into my life that they are not a part of. I always have trouble opening up in that way. Whenever I've had any productions or events that only I am a part of, I don't really like my friends and family to be there. It's very personal to me. It's not that I'm ashamed, I think I'm just afraid of disappointing those I care about. I didn't want anyone at my graduation and I've always gone alone to award ceremonies, plays, and symphonies that I've partaken in. I am working really hard on being more open this year and allowing people to join in my accomplishments and joys.

No comments: