Saturday, September 20, 2008

California Love

From the moment I stepped off the plane, I knew I was back in Cali. I just loved to see all the diverse faces as I walked through the airport. It is so funny how much I remember about my home town. The streets are familiar, the crisp morining air, the lack of humidity. Of course I love the fact that I can get all sorts of Hmong and Asian food. This sounds weird but my sister and I drove across town to get some papya salad from an ice cream truck at the park. It was really good. The papaya lady even gave me a free dessert of tapioca (Na Va). I have just been away from this kind of environment for so long that it is nice to reexperience them. I doubt I can do this everyday but it just brings back so many fond memories and it is just so nice to be another Hmong girl again.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Girl! Are you visiting or back for good?! Welcome back, its always fun to go down memory lane! ;-)

Chrissy said...

I am so happy for you! Texas is definitely lacking in the Hmong department. You're pretty much all we got!