Monday, September 22, 2008

Sweet and Sour

There has been this sweet and sour recipe that is the BEST I've ever had in my life. Somehow my sister got the recipe and I've never met anyone who didn't like it. Not only is it good, it's really easy. Somehow though we lost the copy of the recipe but luckily my dear friend Sai wrote down the copy. Unfortunately for me, I always bug her for the copy and then always end up losing it. It has happened way too many times to count and about 3 or 4 years ago, she told me that it was going to be the last time she recited the ingredients over the phone for me. She said if I lost it then that would be the end and she would never give it to me again. Honestly, I didn't think she would stand by that statement because of course, I lost my copy. When I called her she had the nerve to tell me that she was teaching me a lesson. I thought it was a little excessive but I honestly don't blame her. There were quite a few phone calls to her in the middle of random times where I made her slowly repeat everything for me so I can make it whenever I fancied it. So she has stuck really hard to her word. There was even a time when I bribed her younger sister Karen to sneak the recipe for me and email it but Sai caught her and she was forbidden to give me the recipe. I guess time heals all because Sai finally broke down and emailed it to me today. I feel like I've found Atlantis or the Fountain of Youth. It is this unattainable legend and now I hold the keys to unlocking greatness.... only this has to do with food and I already know it exists because I've made it plenty of times. It is greatness though and I can't wait until I can go home and make it.

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

I can't wait til you get home to make it either!!!!!!!

Luisa said...

I remember that yummy sweet and sour recipe! You made it for us one night! It was SUPER good!!!