Monday, August 25, 2008

It Was the Best of Times, it Was the Worst of Times

Here is a list of some of the best things that have happened to me and some of the worst things.

Worst pick up line:
"So you busy tonight?" by nurse practitioner  as I was handing him my urine sample.

Best pick up line:
"Is your name Linda, O Linda." (The Spanish pronunciation) by Adam Tobler.

Worst compliment:
#1:"Wow Linda, you look 100 times better than when I first met you." by R.A. the 2nd time we saw each other since he picked me up from girls camp.
 
#2:"... your hands are big." by David Head as he interrupted me to point out.

#3: "you look tore up." Robert Palmer when he surprised visited me early in the morning.

Best compliment:
#1: "you look beautiful." by K.A. early in the morning when I was cramping, sore, had no make up and didn't do my hair.

#2:"You know Lin, you take compliments very well." By Karen "Jigga" Yang and my response was "Thank you."

#3: "I just love your beautiful smile when you conduct music." Bro. Barton

Best date:
Going to the beach, having a bonfire, walking along the shore at night, almost kissing to the sound of the ocean and then driving one and a half hour home. 

Worst date:
Watching The Ring with a certain UC Davis grad who was the cheesiest person I've ever gone out with. It ended with him trying to kiss me good night and me just laughing over the whole ridiculous situation.

Best decision:
Moving out of California

Worst decision:
Moving out of California

2 comments:

Blia Hoopes said...

Do you miss Cali? I know I do at times. I miss all the good memories. I miss being young and unattached. LOL

Anonymous said...

Once I figured out who R.A. was that worst compliment became 100 times funnier! - sounds like him.
2 nights ago I was reminising with a friend about the BEST laugh I've had in my entire life. You, him, my brother, & I were all there & LAUGHING. The 4 other people there weren't laughing...can you guess who this is?