Monday, October 13, 2008

Anventured Filled Weekend in Austin

I kicked started my birthday weekend with the Midsingles weekend in Austin. It was so much fun. We got lost in Texas chainsaw murder territory, sweet talked the front desk clerk Tinashe for an extra room key, snuck into the hot tub in the hotel across from where we were staying (thanks Fernando), service project planting seeds, canoe racing, showing up at the wrong hotel (thanks Steve for the wrong directions), making Anel, Monica and Kim scared we weren't going to make the dinner cruise on time, having a blast on the dinner cruise, getting lost over and over again and calling Kati U a million times even though she gave us detailed maps and sharing 1 bathroom between 6 girls. Wow. Fun times.




If you know me, you know I made a beeline for the smallest bucket. Unfortunately for me, Anel had the same idea and called dibs first. I was forced to work hard.




Looks like I was working hard right? Well I was really posing. Monica pointed out that I could really be seeding as pictures are being taken. Good point.



I think it's amazing that this many people showed up seeing it was so early in the morning. We did good.




I've finally been able to fulfill a year long dream of going to eat at Salt Lick. Ever since I saw it on Rachael Ray's Tasty Travels I've been obsessed. I researched the menu, history and watched the video clip of the restaurant over and over again. I had this face the whole time.




I have wanted to eat here for so long but I never thought I would get to eat in the private room. I feel so VIP.




I shared this massive plate with Monica. We had sausage, ribs, brisket, beans, potato salad cole slaw, pickles, and delicious bread. Yummy. I was so full.




This was so cute. This was on every table. I wonder if they are used boots or made specifically for this purpose. No matter though cause it just added to the amazement of Salt Lick.




Even their bathroom was cool and decorated for Halloween. Monica was embarrassed to take the picture, esp when a stranger got out of the stall. She felt the need to explain why we were taking pictures. I had no shame. What is so weird about taking pictures in a stall?



In the history of the Salt Lick, it states that it used to be the old stopping ground for Paul Bunyan and his blue ox Babe. This is his official boot so it has to be true. I almost sprained myself climbing this pillar.




Off we went to canoeing. Anel and Kim thought they could beat us. I don't think so.



Good friendly competition between friends. Steve, Christy and Sunshine may have won but that was only because they were holding Monica and my canoe back. I say do over. Competition was the only way I pushed myself to finish though.




We needed to be back at the hotel by 4 so we could get ready in time for the cruise. We pulled up with a minuet to spare but.... the hotel looked different. We made it to the wrong hotel.


This is the correct hotel 7 miles North of where we were at. Technically though we made it to the Fairfield Inn by 4. Just the wrong one.



All aboard. Get ready to meet and mingle.









Kati was dancing to New Kids on the Block. She is a die hard fan and will be seeing them on the 17th. Only she can make something as lame as that seem cool. She is what I call classy funny.


A dentist on one said and a doctor on the other. I'd say this is a hard choice ;)


This could have been our engagement picture...



Kim, Anel and me after a long fun day. These poor puppies are in need of a foot massage.

No comments: