Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Some Like it HOT

I've fallen in love.... with salsa. It's been a long journey but now I can't turn it down. I discovered a few years ago that fresh salsa tastes so much better than store bought salsa. So I slowly started to eat more. Then the past year, I've been surrounded by friends who are die hard salsa fans and so I've had more opportunity to savor the flavor. I've also found that it is a quick and easy fix for my occasional hot pepper fix. It's also easier on the stomach than straight up peppers. So I am going to attempt my first salsa using this recipe. It's fairly simple and I can add more heat if I'd like. I will do a follow up on the results.



PREP TIME
5 Min
READY IN
3 Hrs 5 Min
SERVINGS (Help)

INGREDIENTS
2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes, drained
1 bunch fresh cilantro
3 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS
In a medium bowl, mix together tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, and salt and pepper. Mix well, cover, and chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
FOOTNOTE

No comments: