Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Inspired by Chrissy's Inspiration of the CMA's

I was watching my friend Chrissy's blog on the video by Sugarland's Stay and how powerful that song was to her and it got me thinking about 2 songs that really struck a chord w/ me. I'm not very big on music videos so it means a lot when one is so good and powerful that I actually watch it. A few years ago, I came across Martina Mcbrides' Concrete Angel. It just made me cry the whole time.



It just makes me incredibly sad knowing that there is this kind of abuse in the world. Children are so precious that I can't even imagine anyone would hurt them. I just think of how lonely they must feel but it also sends a message of hope. I am so grateful to have the Saviors love to carry me through my hard times. It makes me sad to know that some people don't have that but we do all have the chance to make it back to our Heavenly Father. Even if our life here isn't the best, everything will more than make up for it eternally.

The other song that captivated me is Duffy's Warwick Avenue. I could just feel her hurt and pain and longing. It's really simple but I understood exactly where she was coming from. Makes me think about the times where I've been in that situation and it really is just sad. So this is for anyone who's ever had a heartbreak.

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

Those are some sad videos!!!

I like in Duffy's song how she says "don't think I'm fine just because I'm here". Oh how many times I've thought those words. Sad, but true.

Zach O. said...

hey i like martina mcbride too,that's a good song.can i just also mention that i was also inspired by the hosts of the CMAs. what a performance.

Rebex said...

Geesh, thanks for making me cry at work. Guess I should have known better.

PS: This is why I want to be social worker.

Rebex said...

BTW...just started a blog (separate from my family one). If you click on my picture, you should be able to check it out. :)