Thursday, February 21, 2008

All hail Servers

I am very grateful that there are people out there who can serve food to others. For one I would eat a little from each plate I handed out and two people are annoying when they are eating. I went to Chile's last night and had a great time. There was just a point during dinner when I realized how loud our party of 10 or so was. The poor waiter. We weren't exactly annoying but if I were him I would be thinking "they better leave a huge tip but I'm sure they're not." I don't have that happy optimism that is needed to serve others. I might be able to fake for a few minuets but then my annoyance will start to show. I wouldn't be a spitter, mind you, but I would be a loud exhaler and obvious eye roller. Which would then make me lose my tip, which would make me despise the customers and make me fantasize about spitting in their food. Mind you I’ll probably still be that loud annoying customer but I have a higher appreciation for those that have the patience to work as a server. Here is my salute to the service community.
In my life as a blogger I’ve acquired a new Asian brother Wan. (he's really truly one of the whitest people I know). He was my Facebook buddy and has graduated to becoming my Asian brother. I feel a lot closer than if we were blood siblings. Anyone can become that by the emerging of two bloods. This is much deeper, much more meaningful. It is an oral contract made by two people who only see each other periodically, randomly read each other's Facebook persona and make empty promises. It is the friendship that brightens up your day for those few minuets that you exchange witty quips. So here’s to Wan and the many internet connections in the future.

No comments: