Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Matchmaker

Dating has never really been my thing. I've either done it or not. I don't know how to be coy or play into the games. So as a selfless act I’ve decided to become Matchmaker. I think we all need a helping hand now and then. So I’m going to host Surprise Dates. It’s a spin on blind dates. As members of the church we all know each other. We are one big circle of friends/acquaintances so it can’t really be considered blind dates. I’m going to ask men and women if they are free for an evening and then pair them off. No prior knowledge on who will be their date, no questions on what they look like or if they are interested. It’s called “surprise” for a reason. I think this will take the edge off of trying to make a good impression since both parties don’t know who their date is but they will recognize each other. I think this is genius and people should be open minded to trying it. Apparently what they’ve done so far isn’t working. Since I’m not getting any action I might as well see about giving others the chance. Plus this will help me be more social, as that is one of my New Year’s Resolutions. We shall see how it pans out since the first official Surprise Date is going down this Friday. If no marriage comes out of it at least new friendships can be formed and who can ever say that is a failure.

I am blogging because I'm frustrated sewing right now. Patience really is a virtue. One day everything is smooth and I have garments that I am very proud of and other days, like today, I just want to throw all the fabric away and make towels. I think I just need to clear my mind and things will fall together. Oh well back to the sewing lab.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

don't settle for towels linda! You are SO much better than that... don't ever give up!!! :)