Sunday, February 24, 2008

I'm Not Five Anymore

There was this crazy cool gymnasium party I went to last night. Now I know it said we were going to be at a gym and there were gymnastic stuff there but it was also a birthday party so I was in a it’s a Saturday Night Party state of mind. I wore my flowy top and sparkly heels. Boy was I way off. We were literally in a gymnastics studio and we were doing gymnastic stuff. I was happy enough to make my grand entrance in my cute outfit (even though it made me look like those high maintenance girls who wear makeup while camping). Well anyone who knows me knows that not having the correct attire has never stopped me from getting down and sweaty. Within minuets the heels were off and I was on the verge of breaking my neck on the trampoline. I quickly realized that a gymnastics trampoline isn’t the same as the wickedly safe ones you find in someone’s backyard. It is 10 times more potent. There were times I thought I was going to die. The best thing was I was able to fulfill my childhood fantasies of being a great gymnast. I couldn’t do any flips, twists or cartwheels but I can leap into to air and fall flat on my front like no other. My one attempt to flip ended with my neck landing on the floor half a second before my body. I heard at least 7 bone clinks coming from my neck. For a second I was really scared I broke something. But as I heard the laughter and looks of fear from the people around I didn’t want to look stupid so I got up and ignored the pain throbbing in my neck. In my defense I really wanted to flip. It’s just that it’s so scary so I chickened out at the last second which was a critical second. That kinda stopped my fantasy of being a great gymnast and played Frisbee instead. I’ll just watch the summer Olympics this year for floor exercises and balance beams instead. I woke up with my neck super sore and my calves in pain. I’m getting really old and out of shape but it was awesome.

No comments: