Thursday, February 7, 2008

Enlightenment

Life really does get better. You can be so frustrated one day and then the next, everything falls into place. I’m back in command of my sewing skills. Sometimes you just have to walk away and when you return, bam, it all works out.
So I was at institute yesterday in the JS History class and Bro. A. said something that really stuck to me. He said JS didn’t get things perfect right away. He was a great man who lacked experience. The early struggles and disappointments he went through was to help him gain experience so we shouldn’t be discourage by failures. It made me feel better about not having all the knowledge I think I should have right away and that if things don’t work out, it will in the end. I’m learning in this life and need to gain experience. If a great man like JS can endure then I certainty can work through the petty things in my life. Bro. A. sounded a lot more eloquent and meaningful than I do but the point is to learn and endure in life.
Another almost as great thing happened at institute is my new friend D.U. brought me carrot cake. (Food always makes me happy) How sweet was that? I am always amazed at how good and selfless people are and it is a great example to me to become a better person. Acts of kindness humbles me to the core and I am reminded of how blessed I am to have such great people in my life. Recently the wonderful people around have inspired me give service. Their kindness and generosity sparks such happiness within me that I hope I can give an ounce of that to someone else.
Here’s my blog shout out to Anel: You rock girl! First caroling, then facebook buddies and now blogging. These are the recipe for great friendships.

No comments: