Monday, February 11, 2008

New Me

This new year is really about experiencing the same things but with my new perspective on life. I’ve been having a lot of interesting conversations lately. It’s helped me a lot on how I look at myself and how I want to be. I was talking to someone about relationships and friendships. It helped me see an insight to myself that I hadn’t quite grasped before. I am so much more comfortable in my own skin and my own right than I was years ago. There is something comforting to know that I’m fine with being alone. So with that new assurance it makes making friends so much better and less stressful. Since my new goal of being more social this year, I’ve discovered that having friends are nice. I’ve spent the past two years being independent of people that I forgot how nice it is to talk to others. It helps to give me a perception that I can’t on my own. I feel like I have a good balance on my personal life and social life. I guess what I’ve learned is to just be yourself and get to know others. My attitude used to look at what others can do for me when I should be asking what I can do for others. That has changed so much how I look at social settings. I was so selfish before when I was judging others on how they can contribute to my life. There is a new attitude when I try to be a better person in someone else’s life. It takes away my fears of meeting new people and then I can genuinely just get to know that person. Fear is still a constant in my life but I think the more conscience I am of it the easier it is to overcome it.

No comments: