Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Useless Goals

I’m a pretty laid back person. Most things don’t bother me. Well I should say the things that should bother me don’t but the things that people can care less about, I really dwell on. Case in point: I lose my wallet all the time. One time it was stolen out of my car and I didn’t realize for two days. I was annoyed but it didn’t really freak me out. I knew what I needed to do to take care of it so I did. The reason it got stolen in the first place is because not only do I not care to lock my car, I don’t always roll the window up. As my sister J said, it’s not really stealing if you leave it out there to be taken. It’s just called finder’s keeper. I constantly run out of gas because I really hate to pump gas. It’s just really tedious and occurs way too fast. When my car cruises to a stop ( on the freeway twice) I don’t really get nervous. I take it quite well. I also don’t care to lock the door, close windows and I go to the bathroom with the door open. Most people make these things a priority to care for but not me. Yet I obsess over “climbing the facebook ladder.” It’s a pathetic goal I know. What makes it even more pathetic is that I don’t really care about it; it just strikes my fancy right now. I also choose to be picky about how my oranges are eaten. It takes me such a long time to eat one because I have to peel everything and take off as much of the membrane as I possibly can. I can’t eat any of the skin. So it becomes a huge mess trying to get only the meat. I can do it the easy way by just slicing it and sucking the juice but I can’t waste anything either so sometimes I just don’t eat them. I won’t take 2 seconds to go back home to put my contacts on if I forget but I’ll drive over an hour if I leave my makeup somewhere. I question my priorities at times. I know everyone thinks they have quirks and theirs are the weirdest. I don’t think I’m exceptionally weird but I am misplaced at times. I don’t really care to change either. I mean I’m… of a certain age. At this point I know myself pretty well and I’m pretty O.K. with most of it. I’m fully capable of changing anything when I want to. I guess I’m satisfied with who I am. Anyone who wants to be around all this glory will just have to love me for who I am and believe as much as I do that I’m really charming.

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

This post sums up pretty much everything I love about you.